27 Times Cinema
BE PART OF THIS YEAR’S 27 TIMES CINEMA!
Launched jointly in 2010 by the European Parliament, Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema will welcome 27 filmgoers who will represent a film theatre of the Europa Cinemas network as well as one of the 27 member states of the European Union. The selected 27 are going to be the Ambassadors of the LUX Audience Award 2024 starting as of June 2023 until the Award ceremony in 2024.
The highlight of this initiative will take place during the Venice Film Festival making the dream of 27 young European moviegoers come true! The 27 youngsters will be part of the Giornate degli Autori Jury and will award a prize to the best film of this year’s selection.
Pálás Cinema in association with the Junior Galway Film Fleadh will choose three applicants to submit to the 27 Times Cinema Selection Committee.
Who can participate?
- Regular cinema goers, passionate about cinema, aged between 18 – 25 years.
- Good communicators active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube).
- Good writing skills (articles and blogs).
- Aptitude for podcasting, blogging, vlogging, video editing, photography or any other communication skill that will allow the candidate to be actively involved in a communication campaign.
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions about the films with film professionals.
- Important: participants must have Irish citizenship.
How to participate?
To be in with a chance, please submit:
- A VIDEO in which the candidate explains “what is Europe” for him/her. S/he should start the video saying “Europe for me is…” and then develop his/her argumentation. This video will help us to see how the candidate expresses himself/herself in English and his/her shooting skills. High quality and creativity are required!
- Video must be shot in English.
- In high resolution (full HD: 1920x1080 px) and with an excellent audio recording, in a well lit room/with a well-lit background.
- Duration: 30 seconds.
- The following information should be visible in the video: Name of the candidate and country of origin.
- The videos should be uploaded HERE.
- THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, filled out in English. All questions must be answered. Incomplete forms cannot be taken into account.
What will happen next
The selected Ambassadors will have to commit themselves to:
- Being present in Venice before the start of the festival, from Tuesday 29th August to Sunday 10th September 2023 (festival dates: 30 August -9 September)
- Being a jury member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided
- Taking part in round-table discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving their communication skills as influencer so that they could be actively involved in raising awareness of the LUX Audience Award
- Contributing with content to the Europa Cinemas website and social networks
- Promote and spread the word about the LUX Audience Award after the festival using the knowledge and skills learned in Venice in their own networks and social media community
- Attend events organized in the frame of the LUX Audience Award (mainly September - March) and helping with promotional and follow-up communication
- Be available to participate in the LUX Selection panel meeting for LUX Audience Award 2024 edition, which takes place usually between June-September (1-2 days).
The European Parliament will cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days), while Europa Cinemas will take care of their daily allowance and Giornate will be in charge of the organization and the festival accreditation.
The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 28th, 2023.
If you have any questions or queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org